Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Cattle Close Red on Tuesday
- The cattle market worked lower with 10 to 45 cent pullbacks. Cash cattle trade remains quiet. Feeders were also lower with losses limited to 65 cents. The CME Feeder Cattle Index was $154.10, up 20 cents, on 10/18. Wholesale Boxed Beef prices were stronger on Tuesday, as Choice was 72...
- Triple Digit Down Day in Hogs
- Lean hog futures prices gave back another $1.02 to $1.35 on Tuesday. For December futures the losses left the board within 7 cents of the pre Hogs and Pigs price. USDA’s National Average Base hog price was down by another 27 cents to $66.97. CME’s Lean Hog Index was $86.88...
- Cotton Market Gains
- Another wide ranged day in the cotton market left another close off the session’s high / low. This intra-day reversal came via a bounce back from early session losses, and left the board 75 to 89 points higher. Gains in the stock market re-kindled optimism about consumer demand. The DSQ...
- Winter Wheat Firms for Close
- Winter wheat futures went home on Tuesday with losses, though of less than a penny. For SRW the board was 1/4 cent lower at the bell, with a 1/2 cent gain in July ’22’s new crop. HRW futures were down by 1/4 to 3/4 cents on the day. Spring wheat...
- Red Tuesday Close for Corn
- Corn prices were initially higher to start the second trade day of the week, with December reaching $5.37. By midday the board faded and prices closed near their lows with fractional to 2 3/4 cent losses. Red Dec ended the day at a 4 1/2 cent discount to Dec ’21,...
- Soy Adds to Upside
- Afternoon weakness limited soybean’s advance on Tuesday, as futures pulled back more than a dime off their highs. Prices were still up 6 1/2 to 8 3/4 cents at the close. The November to November spread was 2 3/4 cents favoring 2022/23. Meal prices were the strongest on the day,...